The article highlights the factors you need to check before the official launch of your portal.
Today almost every business and individual have their website to showcase their work and attract clients. This means a website is a whole and sole of every business therefore it needs to be developed, designed and maintained properly.
Launching a website is the most exciting job for businesses who had put in their heart and soul to develop a portal. In the excitement to launch a new website, you often forget many things. Therefore it is useful to have a checklist that highlights the area that you should emphasize on before making a site live.
The below article lists down the points you should consider.
- Check the menus to ensure it is working properly. Click on each option to check if the link redirects you to the right page. Since if the menu won’t open, your clients may lose patience and may look for another website.
- The content on your website should be clearly visible. For this you need to check the font type and size. A too small or too big font size may ruin your website’s look and feel. Also, if you don’t code the CSS properly, it can lead to having multiple font types on the same page, which appears very rookie.
- Check if the images and videos on your site are loading properly. There are multiple browsers online and you might know which client prefer which browser. Practically, it is not possible to test everything on every single browser. Therefore you need to test your image and video quality on top or most used browsers, if not all.
- The content on your site should be checked for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors. In fact it is the duty of a content writer to proofread the content twice before making it live.
- You should check whether your website is compatible with multiple browsers. For that your testing team should test the website in popular web browsers. Check to make sure the pages look similar in all the browsers and also for the functionalities.
- Make sure each page of your portal has a unique title tag. Also, each page should have a fresh meta description. Since these two factors help search detect the relevancy of your site for the readers. Having these two elements may help you get better ranking on the search engines. High ranking on the SERP means more traffic and business.
- Speed is important for the survival of every portal. It is also one of the most important search engine algorithm that can help your portal get good ranking. People will not want to spend more than 3-4 seconds for the site to load. Hence your loading speed should be faster.
- It is also important to concentrate on the backup system. If by chance your server goes down your backup system should work to protect your site from data loss. Therefore check whether the backup system is configured properly. Also check whether the recovery process has been tested correctly.
The Bottom Line
In order to fasten the testing process, you need to assign these tasks to the department handling these works. For instance, content department should look into grammar errors and search engine optimizer should look into meta tags. By paying attention to these factors you can increase the chances of a successful web presence.