Learn different ways to develop a mobile website and cement your presence in the online market for more traffic and lucrative returns.
As the use of Smartphone increased, so did the use of the internet. Today, people no longer access the web on laptop and computer. Many of them have replaced their heavy PC with a smart one touch and lightweight mobile devices for an extraordinary web surfing experience. Looking at the rising trend of mobile website, it will not be wrong to say the future of the web lies in a Smartphone.
Reading what is stated above, it will be beneficial for your business to consider developing mobile-friendly website. Sharing your business, offerings and services on the mobile handset could attract more clients to your business. Mobile websites could increase your business. However, if you are planning to develop a website on your own, it is good to know the basic steps.
- Focus on Main Menu – For a mobile website developer it is important to concentrate just on the main menu of the site. Also, your motive should be to use limited space on the mobile website, innovatively. Simply inserting content that too numerous images may lower the loading speed.
- Work on the Navigation – When developing a mobile site, you should change the navigation of the site too. Because a mobile device is relatively smaller than the PC, therefore the chances of your browsing getting tedious are more. In order to give your audience an excellent browsing experience, you need to change the navigation. How to do it?
- Give a brief introduction of your website on the homepage
- Add side menus on your mobile website under the introduction content
In order to make it appealing, don’t end up inserting menus on the side or using too large images. Having too large images will reduce your site’s loading speed.
- Use less text – As stated above, make use of lesser images and avoid using images with small resolutions. This will increase the loading speed. Also, avoid writing too much on mobile websites.
- Optimize your layout – There is a major difference in the visual layout of computer and mobile. The design of your website appears different on PC and mobile. It should be easy to navigate on mobile. The user should be able to slide the web page up and down easily, rather than stretching it from side for an easy read. The page size and design should be such that it will be easier for mobile user to browse and read.
- Use the unique features of mobile devices – While you are designing a mobile website, you have mobile features that can be included on your site to make it appealing and unique. While developing a mobile website you can add so many Smartphone features such as camera, sound and other features.
Despite so many advantages of a mobile website, when it comes to going mobile, businesses usually think about the long and costly development process. But the good news is there are companies that provide professional service at a comparatively lesser cost.
Follow the above points to make your development easy, interesting and most importantly customer-engaging.